How can a payment module show its custom information on an order's backend page?

I’m in the process of upgrading my payment extension to mage2 .

I’m trying to set a comment in Payment & Shipping Method admin block as shown here :

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to do that and there is no documentation for it , all I can do is adding order notes at the bottom of the page although I could achieve the same thing in Magento 1.9.x easily.

Any help ?

Do you mean order comment module on checkout page?

The block that is shown in the screenshot resides in order details page in Magento admin. Is it possible in v 2 to add comment to that block containing info about the payment method used and the transaction reference ? because adding order notes at the bottom of the page is not convincing enough .

Thanks Sunil . I think we have a little misunderstanding here . maybe using the phrase “order comment” is a bit misleading. the thing is I want to set the payment details through my payment extension , this payment details should appear in Payment & Shipping block in the order details admin page . My question is how can I achieve that in Magento 2.x ?

How is the «Payment Information» block rendered on a backend order’s page?