PHP Fatal error: Class 'Dfe\Stripe\Df\Payment\Method' not found in /var/www/public/app/code/Dfe/Stripe/Method.php

I had the module disabled for a bit, but when I enable it now and try to compile, I get this error:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Dfe\Stripe\Df\Payment\Method' not found in /var/www/public/app/code/Dfe/Stripe/Method.php on line 14

During the time module was disabled and re-enabled. We have upgraded our site (still in development) to 2.1.2 from 2.0.7 earlier.

You did not bought this extension. What is your store’s URL?

I did Dmitry, you installed it for me. Our store is in staging.

I got the latest code from your gitlab and updated the code just now and now it gives me this error when I compile it:

php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Compilation was started.
Repositories code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------]  14% 1 sec 74.8 MiBPHP Fatal error:  Class 'Df\Core\A' not found in /var/www/public/app/code/Dfe/Stripe/Message.php on line 5
Summary

Our staging site URL is http://104.238.141.246/, but when site goes live the URL will be https://hecklerdesign.com

Oh sorry, I recall you.
Please follow the instruction How to upgrade a Mage2.PRO extension?

Tried to follow the upgrade steps, still getting the same compilation error:

root@Hecktech:/var/www/public# php bin/magento setup:di:compile
Compilation was started.
Repositories code generation... 1/7 [====>-----------------------]  14% 1 sec 75.8 MiBPHP Fatal error:  Class 'Df\Core\A' not found in /var/www/public/app/code/Dfe/Stripe/Message.php on line 5

And the admin configuration page shows the following:

1 exception(s):
    Exception #0 (Magento\Framework\Exception\LocalizedException): Invalid XML in file /var/www/public/app/code/Dfe/Stripe/etc/adminhtml/system.xml:
    Element 'dfExtension': This element is not expected.
    Line: 14

Exception #0 (Magento\Framework\Exception\LocalizedException): Invalid XML in file /var/www/public/app/code/Dfe/Stripe/etc/adminhtml/system.xml:
Element 'dfExtension': This element is not expected.
Line: 14

#0 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/Config/Reader/Filesystem.php(127): Magento\Config\Model\Config\Structure\Reader->_readFiles(Object(Magento\Framework\Config\FileIterator))
#1 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/Config/Data/Scoped.php(103): Magento\Framework\Config\Reader\Filesystem->read('adminhtml')
#2 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/Config/Data/Scoped.php(81): Magento\Framework\Config\Data\Scoped->_loadScopedData()
#3 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/module-config/Model/Config/Structure.php(73): Magento\Framework\Config\Data\Scoped->get()
#4 /var/www/public/var/generation/Magento/Config/Model/Config/Structure/Interceptor.php(14): Magento\Config\Model\Config\Structure->__construct(Object(Magento\Config\Model\Config\Structure\Data), Object(Magento\Config\Model\Config\Structure\Element\Iterator\Tab), Object(Magento\Config\Model\Config\Structure\Element\FlyweightFactory), Object(Magento\Config\Model\Config\ScopeDefiner))
#5 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/AbstractFactory.php(93): Magento\Config\Model\Config\Structure\Interceptor->__construct(Object(Magento\Config\Model\Config\Structure\Data), Object(Magento\Config\Model\Config\Structure\Element\Iterator\Tab), Object(Magento\Config\Model\Config\Structure\Element\FlyweightFactory), Object(Magento\Config\Model\Config\ScopeDefiner))
#6 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/Dynamic/Developer.php(89): Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\Factory\AbstractFactory->createObject('Magento\\Config\\...', Array)
#7 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/ObjectManager.php(71): Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\Factory\Dynamic\Developer->create('Magento\\Config\\...')
#8 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/AbstractFactory.php(126): Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\ObjectManager->get('Magento\\Config\\...')
#9 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/Dynamic/Developer.php(53): Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\Factory\AbstractFactory->resolveArgument(Array, 'Magento\\Config\\...', NULL, 'configStructure', 'Magento\\Config\\...')
#10 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/Dynamic/Developer.php(82): Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\Factory\Dynamic\Developer->_resolveArguments('Magento\\Config\\...', Array, Array)
#11 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/ObjectManager.php(57): Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\Factory\Dynamic\Developer->create('Magento\\Config\\...', Array)
#12 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/App/ActionFactory.php(40): Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\ObjectManager->create('Magento\\Config\\...')
#13 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/App/Router/Base.php(300): Magento\Framework\App\ActionFactory->create('Magento\\Config\\...')
#14 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/App/Router/Base.php(161): Magento\Framework\App\Router\Base->matchAction(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http), Array)
#15 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/App/FrontController.php(50): Magento\Framework\App\Router\Base->match(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#16 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(74): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#17 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Chain/Chain.php(70): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callParent('dispatch', Array)
#18 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(138): Magento\Framework\Interception\Chain\Chain->invokeNext('Magento\\Framewo...', 'dispatch', Object(Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor), Array, 'install')
#19 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/Module/Plugin/DbStatusValidator.php(69): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#20 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php(142): Magento\Framework\Module\Plugin\DbStatusValidator->aroundDispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor), Object(Closure), Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#21 /var/www/public/var/generation/Magento/Framework/App/FrontController/Interceptor.php(26): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callPlugins('dispatch', Array, Array)
#22 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php(135): Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->dispatch(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Request\Http))
#23 /var/www/public/vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php(258): Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch()
#24 /var/www/public/index.php(39): Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run(Object(Magento\Framework\App\Http))
#25 {main}

Give me SSH access to the server, and I will check it.

Just messaged it to you as a private message. Added your SSH key as well.

I have investigated your case.

1. Investigation:

First of all, I have noticed that the «Stripe» extension is not installed in your store despite I have installed it earlier:

I have tried to install it again using the official installation instruction
I have got a failure: «Authentication failed for code.dmitry-fedyuk.com».

Your store uses the login / password authentication for the Mage2.PRO code repository, but the credentials in the Composer’s auth.json file are wrong:

Solution:

Step 1

You should set the right credentials in the Composer’s auth.json file.
See also the «Authentication failed for code.dmitry-fedyuk.com» topic for more detailed explanation.
If you do not know your password for Mage2.PRO code repository, then you can restore it.

Step 2

Then you will be able to install the «Stripe» extension using the official installation instruction.

Dmitry,

All fixed. Thanks for all the help and instructions on how to go about fixing it. You are awesome.