How to upgrade a Mage2.PRO extension?

mage2.pro
upgrade

(Dmitry Fedyuk) #1

You should do all these command in the Magento 2 root folder!
Be careful of it.
Otherwise, you will get an error like «mage2pro/core requires magento/framework >=100.0.0 -> no matching package found».
You can check the current folder with the standard Unix pwd command.

Step 0 (advisable, but not necessary)

sudo composer self-update

Step 1

composer update --prefer-source

Step 2

bin/magento setup:upgrade

Step 3

rm -rf pub/static/* && bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy <locale, e.g.: en_GB>

How to deploy the static files for a custom locale?

Step 4

rm -rf var/di var/generation generated/code && bin/magento setup:di:compile

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Dfe\Stripe\Df\Payment\Method' not found in /var/www/public/app/code/Dfe/Stripe/Method.php
Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition bug: «The file "/composer.json" doesn't exist»
Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition bug: «The file "/composer.json" doesn't exist»
Payment module customization service
Sometimes getting duplicate orders in checkout
Magento 2 bug: «bin/magento module:enable» fails with the «The file "/composer.json" doesn't exist» message when a Composer package contains multiple Magento modules
"Show the Decimals" checkbox in admin page can't be unchecked.
The «Expiration Date» fields (month and year) and the «Place Order» button are broken in IE11
Unable to uncheck the «Test Mode» checkbox
«bin/magento setup:di:compile» leads the PHP 7.1 interpreter to a «segment error»
How to upgrade a Mage2.PRO extension? (duplicate)
mage2pro/core 2.8.19 can break some backend pages
The official Composer-based upgrading instruction does not work for me because of «Allowed memory size exhausted»
The official Composer-based upgrading instruction does not work for me because of «Allowed memory size exhausted»
«Invalid method Magento\Payment\Model\Method\Substitution\Interceptor::titleB»
The Component Manager page is not loading: «Couldn't get available versions for package mage2pro/core»
Class 'Df\Core\Helper\Path' not found
How to upgrade a Mage2.PRO extension? (duplicate №2)
How long will I get the updates for a Mage2.PRO payment extension?
[Checkout.com] Cannot override final method Df\Payment\Method::acceptPayment() in vendor/magento2/checkout.com/Method.php
«Cannot use Df\Payment\Webhook\Response as Response because the name is already in use in mage2pro/core/Payment/R/Method.php»
[Stripe] «Cannot override final method Df\Payment\Block\Info::_prepareSpecificInformation() in mage2pro/stripe/Block/Info.php on line 40»
After the «mage2pro/core» package installation the «Register» and «Log In» links are disappeared
The «Expiration Date» fields (month and year) and the «Place Order» button are broken in IE11
How to upgrade a Mage2.PRO extension? (duplicate №3)
[Stripe] «You passed an empty string for 'owner[name]'»
«Class Dfe\IPay88\Method\Interceptor may not inherit from final class (Dfe\IPay88\Method)»
[Square] When a card is declined there is no error message being displayed
Is the Stripe extension compatible with multi-shipping checkout?
«I tried to upgrade Magento throught eh web setup wizard and it says that it is checking to update mage2pro/core then I get an error saying to Check Component Dependency (we found conflicting dependencies)»
(Camilo Cruz) #3

Is there a way to update on composer only this vendor or extension without requesting an update of all libraries?
e.g. “composer update mage2pro/square”

(Dmitry Fedyuk) #4

Yes, you can learn it from the official composer update documentation.