So many users have the problem! So what to do?
1. Set the proper permissions and ownership
You should set the proper filesystem permissions and ownership: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/install-gde/install/file-system-perms.html
2. Deploy the static content
The static content is deployed automatically in the
I recommend to use the developer modue during a store’s development.
If you run a store in the
production mode then you should deploy the static content manually.
3. Ensure you have not missed the
What .htaccess files Magento 2 uses?
4. Are you running Magento in a subdirectory?
If you have installed Magento 2 into a subdirectory (
/store, for example) then you should adjust your webserver.
See: How to adjust Apache webserver (through .htaccess files) to run Magento in a subdirectory?
If you use
Nginx webserver then see the instructions:
- How to install Magento 2 into subdirectory using Nginx + Apache
- How to install Magento 2.0 into subdirectory using Nginx + PHP-FPM
5. The problem could be caused by a lack of memory for the Less compiler
How to fix the «Allowed memory size exhausted» / «Out of memory / Bad gateway» failure in Magento/Framework/ObjectManager/Relations/Runtime.php?.