How to fix «mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory» on a Composer command?

composer
command-line
(Sharlyll) #1

Hi,

I get this error when I run composer require mage2pro/stripe:*
mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory

mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 848306176) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in phar:///usr/local/bin/composer.phar/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Rule.php on line 60.
can you help?

thanks

0 Likes

I want to try the Stripe extension for a month in boldandfun.com
(Dmitry Fedyuk) #2

I support only the paying customers.

0 Likes

(Sharlyll) #3

ok. thats understandable. thanks

0 Likes

(Sharlyll) #4

Hi,
I just bought your stripe extension. I am having issue with installing via composer. It gives memory limit errors.
The current memory for my hosting account is 718mb.
I am unable to create a swap file because my hosting company wont allow. I will like to install it myself.
Order email add: bwanre@gmail.com
Can you help?

Thanks

0 Likes

(Dmitry Fedyuk) #5

Thanks for the purchase!
You are using Magento 2.2: https://www.boldandfun.com/magento_version
The official memory requirement for Magento 2.2 is 2GB: devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/install-gde/system-requirements-tech.html:

Upgrading the Magento applications and extensions you obtain from Magento Marketplaces and other sources can require up to 2GB of RAM. If you are using a system with less than 2GB of RAM, we recommend you create a swap file; otherwise, your upgrade might fail.

So you just need to implement the official Magento system requirements.

0 Likes

(Sharlyll) #6

Is a manual install not possible?

0 Likes

(Dmitry Fedyuk) #7

The official installation instruction is publicly available here: How to install a Mage2.PRO extension.

0 Likes

(Sharlyll) #8

Wow thats a very cold answer. Its obvious now that i cannot install via composer as the memory issue persists.
Please issue a refund.
Thanks

0 Likes

(Dmitry Fedyuk) #9

You can fill a claim to PayPal and try to convince them of that your violation the official Magento 2.2 system requirements and the official Mage2.PRO installation instruction is a my fault.

0 Likes

(R Picard) #10

I google searched “mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory” and I came across this thread.

I read through them, and oh man. What a terrible customer service by Dmitry Fedyuk

I made an account just to write that Dmitry Fedyuk’s response to his customers was awful and I would look somewhere else for business.

I encourage others to do the same.

1 Like

(Dmitry Fedyuk) #11

OK, you made it, then just fuck off.

0 Likes

(Zj) #12

Wow, why would anybody buy this with customer service like that!

0 Likes

(Dmitry Fedyuk) #13

It is because they have money unlike you: stripe.mage2.pro/customers

0 Likes

(Jesse Bryant) #14

Disgusting Customer Service.

Hopefully you’ve since gone bankrupt.

0 Likes

(Dmitry Fedyuk) #16

OK, the next gratuitous financial advisor is banned. Hopefully your ass is spacious enough to put all your predictions inside.
As usual, gratuitous financial advisors have a lot of time to make financial predictions on forums, but do not have $100 for a license.

0 Likes