How to fix «mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory» on a Composer command?

Hi,

I get this error when I run composer require mage2pro/stripe:*
mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory

mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 848306176) (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in phar:///usr/local/bin/composer.phar/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/Rule.php on line 60.
can you help?

thanks

I support only the paying customers.

ok. thats understandable. thanks

Hi,
I just bought your stripe extension. I am having issue with installing via composer. It gives memory limit errors.
The current memory for my hosting account is 718mb.
I am unable to create a swap file because my hosting company wont allow. I will like to install it myself.
Order email add: bwanre@gmail.com
Can you help?

Thanks

Thanks for the purchase!
You are using Magento 2.2: https://www.boldandfun.com/magento_version
The official memory requirement for Magento 2.2 is 2GB: devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.2/install-gde/system-requirements-tech.html:

Upgrading the Magento applications and extensions you obtain from Magento Marketplaces and other sources can require up to 2GB of RAM. If you are using a system with less than 2GB of RAM, we recommend you create a swap file; otherwise, your upgrade might fail.

So you just need to implement the official Magento system requirements.

Is a manual install not possible?

The official installation instruction is publicly available here: How to install a Mage2.PRO extension.

Wow thats a very cold answer. Its obvious now that i cannot install via composer as the memory issue persists.
Please issue a refund.
Thanks

You can fill a claim to PayPal and try to convince them of that your violation the official Magento 2.2 system requirements and the official Mage2.PRO installation instruction is a my fault.

I google searched “mmap() failed: [12] Cannot allocate memory” and I came across this thread.

I read through them, and oh man. What a terrible customer service by Dmitry Fedyuk

I made an account just to write that Dmitry Fedyuk’s response to his customers was awful and I would look somewhere else for business.

I encourage others to do the same.

2 Likes

OK, you made it, then just fuck off.

Wow, why would anybody buy this with customer service like that!

1 Like

It is because they have money unlike you: stripe.mage2.pro/customers

Disgusting Customer Service.

Hopefully you’ve since gone bankrupt.

1 Like

OK, the next gratuitous financial advisor is banned. Hopefully your ass is spacious enough to put all your predictions inside.
As usual, gratuitous financial advisors have a lot of time to make financial predictions on forums, but do not have $100 for a license.

Haha! Wow, we should be impressed. You’ve got one whole enterprise customer there! Keep up the great work, I’m sure you’ll eventually find some more suckers.

1 Like

Hi Dmitry,

Apologies to bring this up again, but after reading this article, I felt that some words of wisdom was required to all parties involved.

I think that you could have assisted a little more Dmitry, but only by re-iterating to create the SWAP, you did point the person in the correct direction and it was perfectly within scope, perhaps don’t bite to the tune of the next keyboard warrior :slight_smile: .

As for everyone else, I think that by suggesting Dmitry’s answer was all for money taking or being short and cold, how helpful was your answers to the original question? NONE. Instead of targeting Dmitry because he was able to make some money (If you’re good at something, never do it for free (A very good Batman quote, and I stand by this)), why didn’t you yourselves offer advice? Keyboard warriors.