Why do I use 2 sources (the forum and a GitHub-based tracker) to document the AlphaCommerceHub issues instead of a single source?

The full AlphaCommerceHub’s unanswered issues set is the union of the 2 sources:

1. mage2.pro/tags/alphacommercehub-unanswered

I use the both sources because they have different features.

1. The forum

If an issue looks like a question, then I usually add it to the forum.
An answer will serve as a piece of the integration’s requirements specification.

I refer these forum topics from my software code to explain the integration’s behavior, decisions, and limitations.
The forum information is useful for merchants and developers (including the developers who will integrate AlphaCommerceHub with other shopping carts).

2. The GitHub-based issue tracker

If an issue looks like a short-term bug, then I usually add it to the GitHub-based issue tracker.
The GitHub-native issues have 2-way association with GitHub code commits, so everybody can find out:

• Which code commits are related to a particular issue?
  • What is the purpose of a particular code commit?
  • Which bugs are fixed in a particular release?
  • Which release fixes a particular bug?

An update for AlphaCommerceHub

1. I will change nothing in my issue tracking process, because this issue tracking process is mine, it is organized by me and totally by my own initiative, and I am doing it for myself as it is convenient to me.
  • If you need another (a better) issue tracking process, then you can organize your own as you want, and I will report all my issues to your issue tracker as well according with your issue tracking rules.

AlphaCommerceHub has created a composite spreadsheet with all open issues, unanswered, and partially answered questions: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i8Crqvj8ei4KVXOp_GZBXCnbDuoDpWcJX-pOtCXoPD4