[AlphaCommerceHub] Is any practical sense to limit a buyer to particular bank card brands by the `CardType` parameter, and disallow to pay with a card of another brand?

The CardType parameter is documented in the «AlphaHPP» → «Paypage Request Reference» → «Request a Paypage Session» table:

The type of card selected by the user e.g. VISA or MASTER or allows merchant to prepopulate reduced set of cards to display by using comma delimiter.
Current values supported: VISA, MASTER, MAESTRO, VISADEBIT, VISAELECTRON, AMEX, MASTERCARDEBIT, JCB, CUP, DINERS.

Is any practical sense to limit a buyer to particular bank card brands by the CardType parameter, and disallow to pay with a card of another brand?

In my experience, it really can have a sense for some payment service providers.
For example, Stripe disallows the non-USA merchants to accept the JCB, Discover, and Diners Club bank cards.
But does it have a sense in the AlphaCommerceHub?
E.g. does AlphaCommerceHub allow an Australian-based merchant to accept the JCB, Discover, and Diners Club bank cards?

I have got a response from the AlphaCommerceHub support:

We don’t have any limitation on what cards a merchant can accept through the HPP, outside of the standard validation.

The purpose of that pass through is so that the merchant could choose not to offer a card type that they are enabled for, for certain orders.

I don’t see this as being a feature we need to implement for the Magento module.